Sunday 4 September 2011

What's in my make-up bag?


Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finnish. After years of being a loyal user of clinque foundation, then a quick switch to MAC, my sister introduced me to this bargain foundation which costs £6.99, and admittedly after years of using foundation that costs at least £20, I was more than skeptical. However its been 2 years now and I'm still addicted. It gives a full coverage, hides any blemishes and lasts as long as it says it does. It comes in a range of colors and has just been brought out in a super stylish glass bottle with pump top making it super easy to use and mess free!


Concealer: Clinque Line Smoothing. I am a self confessed concealer addict and have been using this since I first discovered make-up. Recommended to friends and even friends parents, i've introduced many to flawless skin through this amazing concealer! No matter how much sleep I get, how many cucumber slices I put on my eyes or how much water I drink, I still have dark circles under my eyes, sound familiar? well say bye bye to them by using this bad boy! Get yourselves down to a clinque counter today and you'll realize why I never leave the house without this!


Bronzer: I use bronzer as a powder to give my whole face that holiday glow (don't worry, i don't have a tide mark, this way I just matched my tan out of a bottle skin tone!) I love the MAC ones because they're very light weight and give a natural finish - not a tone of orange in sight! However if you use as much as me £17.50 a pot seems pretty steep, and whilst i've tried to find alternatives, this one is defiantly worth the money!


Definition: To define my cheekbones, I love Dallas by Benefit! Unfortunately I'm not blessed with naturally prominent cheek bones and therefore need a little helping hand! One sweep of this and you are good to go and even better the camera loves dallas, your cheekbones would have never looked so good on pictures! 


Blusher: I love pink cheeks and love MAC blusher especially 'well dressed' because its a really nice shade of pink but get one that's suited to your skin tone - any of the makeup artists on the MAC counter will help you out. 


Eyeliner: Yes, MAC again! Everyday I define my eyes and enhance my lashline by using a simple stroke of black liner on top! Liquids are perfect to do this but i've found gel liners are even better! They take slightly more time to apply while your still getting used to their thick texture but they last twice as long throughout the day and give a really solid color. If your not a fan of MAC, then clinque also do a really good one and I think some high street make-up brands are bringing some out too! 


Mascara: Maxfactor, maxfactor, maxfactor. Forget all your other mascaras, maxfactor has defined, long, volumised lashes down to a tee! I personally use the False lash effect volume which adds volume and length in literally one stroke (i do always like to build up with a few more!) but I've also tried maxfactor masterpiece and maxfactor masterpiece max and loved them too! It's not your cheapest mascara on the market with the false lash effect costing £11.99 but its not the most expensive either and it is without a doubt worth every single penny!


False Lashes: I'm a sucker for false eyelashes, I absolutely love them! If you haven't tried them defiantly do but beware they can get a bit addictive! My favorite brand is Eylure because I don't have to trim them, they always stay in place on my eyes, you can re-use them and they have such a wide range of lashes! I always use 101, because they're more natural but still really open your eyes and can be worn day or night! If you've never used lashes before i'd recommend you start with 101 because they are more natural then most. 


Lipstick: MAC is the best, its long lasting, easy to apply and even though its smooth and soft it has got quite a stiff texture which means it doesn't bleed! They also have a massive range of colors. I love pale pinks for the day and brighter darker pinks for the night or a more dramatic effect! 


Lipgloss: I go through tubes and tubes of lipgloss, it is an absolute essential! I love Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker because its super glossy and long lasting. It also plumps up your lips by bringing the blood to the the surface making you have the ultimate pout! It is quite tingly when you first put it on but it's just working its magic! I think this is only available at boots so if you can't get to a boots, Rimmel ultra glossy is another good one, its less sticky then soap and glory but super glossy and smells delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment